Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,055   Online: 939

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1975 Componon-s Lens with missing 32.5mm lock nut

Hi everybody, I'm new in town!

I'd like to have some advice or maybe somebody could have what I'm looking for. I have the 45MX Beseler with a lens board of 50mm hole. I've bought recently a 100mm Componon-S wich didn't have the lock nut. I realized that it must share a 32.5mm retainer ring wich is a pain to find around. Anybody with any advice?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was just about to post a similar question myself. I just got a 100mm Componon-S, vintage unknown, and it definitely does not fit a 39mm thread. It fits through the lens disc I got that has a 33mm hole. I was thinking maybe the threads were 29mm? It doesn't look big enough to be 32.5mm but maybe it is.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 04-07-2011 at 11:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, I've been to the Schneider web site and maybe this page would help you out a bit. That's a start...The contact us web page with the message board is sending an error once you sent something...Can't go anywhere with them! Here is the web page address where you could find the year they have made your lens.

Hoping to find out!!

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/service/serie.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the Schneider enlarging lenses had a 25mm mount. About 1" diameter. I have a 75mm Comparon which has this mount. The lens itself is also quite small.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Go to a mechanic and let him make a retaining ring, an adapter or a complete lensboard.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check ebay for a M32.5 x 0.5 ring. B&H has them listed. Also, if you can't find one SK Grimes can make one (but they may have some in stock).

Check ebay for a lensboad with a 32.5 or 25mm opening. If you get the smaller opening it can be enlarged.

If you want to mount that lens on the lensboard with the 50mm hole you will need to have SK Grimes make you a flange wide enough to bolt onto that lensboard and cover the hole.

The threaded 39mm lensboards seem poplular on ebay now. So, an alternative is to get the 39mm threaded lensboard and a lens with 39mm threads. Lenses are pretty inexpensive these days.

Or, B&H has a M32.5 to M39 step up ring for enlaring lenses to allow you to use the more popular 39mm threaded lensboard (since the M32.5 lensboard may be hard to find).
    Last edited by ic-racer; 04-08-2011 at 08:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sad, but often cheaper to buy a cheap lens with a retaining ring then just the retaining ring.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Check ebay for a M32.5 x 0.5 ring. B&H has them listed. Also, if you can't find one SK Grimes can make one (but they may have some in stock).

Check ebay for a lensboad with a 32.5 or 25mm opening. If you get the smaller opening it can be enlarged.

If you want to mount that lens on the lensboard with the 50mm hole you will need to have SK Grimes make you a flange wide enough to bolt onto that lensboard and cover the hole.

The threaded 39mm lensboards seem poplular on ebay now. So, an alternative is to get the 39mm threaded lensboard and a lens with 39mm threads. Lenses are pretty inexpensive these days.

Or, B&H has a M32.5 to M39 step up ring for enlaring lenses to allow you to use the more popular 39mm threaded lensboard (since the M32.5 lensboard may be hard to find).
    B&H has them - for $38.50!

That's a chunk of change for a tiny metal ring (especially when I engineered a work around that lets me use it.) It's doubly so for one that is non-returnable and I'm not 100% sure is what I need.

I'll keep an eye out though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $20 on the SK grimes site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    $20 on the SK grimes site
    Thanks, much better! I'll call them this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin