Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,842   Online: 786

Shooter
    35mm

Just starting... need help

Hi

I just received a MEOPTA AXOMAT 5a enlarger I don't know very well how to operate with it! I've had some classes a few years ago but i never had to assemble one and I need help!

I have a 2.8 50mm Nikkor lens. I have problems focusing... i can only get very small focused images, something like 10x15 (cm)! I must be doing something wrong!

Can you help me! One thing i wasn't sure about was what is the correct position for the condenser!

Thnks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea but found this on Google, hope it helps

http://www.meopta.co.uk/axomatmanual.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    there is some problem. with 50 mm you would be able to do maybe slightly more then 40 cm prints (from 35 mm negatives). Try to mount lens ring in opposite orientation, so it will be closer to the negative holder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juraj Kovacik
    there is some problem. with 50 mm you would be able to do maybe slightly more then 40 cm prints (from 35 mm negatives). Try to mount lens ring in opposite orientation, so it will be closer to the negative holder.
    I think Juraj has it.

The first night I had my LPL 7700 set up I put the lens plate in upside down and had very small images indeed until I figured it out! :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes, it's a common mistake with the Meopta. Take the lens ring out and turn it around. I find with a 50mm lens the mount should be sticking inwards, whereas with 80mm+ lenses it should be pointing outwards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi There!

You know, I had this same problem with my Beseler 23C II... I could only enlarge to 5x7 (inches). I discovered that I needed a recessed lensboard. So, I think that what everyone is saying will probably work for you! Good luck! Looks like someone found you a link to a manual. That will help, too!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello everybody! With your help I could solve the problem! The lens ring was the other way around! Now it is working properly! Thank you all! This is one of the best forum I've seen! Very efficient!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin