Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Medium Format

A few questions about printing E6 transparencies

Hello, im in the process of trying to get an enlarger together something that can deal with colour/b&w and 120/35 but that is neither here nor there.

Basically i got given some 120 transparency film 10 rolls of velvia and 10 of astia. i was considering printing these and it occurred to me that i know nothing about printing so i was wondering the following things.

1. since there is no need for reversal can E6 be enlarged using normal enlargers ?
    2. Can B&W films be printed using a colour enlarger just without the filters ?
    3. Is a specific type of paper required for E6 printing ? if so what kind.

Sorry for the basic questions i figured this is the best place to ask

thanks
    Sx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    try using the search window since all of these questions have been addressed many times.
    1. no, color head needed
    2. yes and no, you use the filters to control contrast
    3. reversal paper is no longer made (except ilfochrome) so you can't enlarge them as color prints.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Colour prints from film are most commonly produced through digital means now. The traditional RA-4 process is an acknowledged pain (financial and material). If you have no knowledge of traditional printing, your choices are a long learning curve with the associated costs of ordering and wastage vs the speed and precise control of digital.

I don't see the colour side of traditional printing lasting too much longer in the present and foreseeable climate.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To say that reversal paper is no longer made (exept Ilfochrome) is downright silly. [unless of course you mean reversal RA-4 paper, in which case I apologize for calling you silly]

Yes! It's still made! And it's called Ilfochrome! Use it! It's incredible!

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin