Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,559   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi again. I got some photos of the enlarger and threw them up on my photoblog. Could I trouble you further to take a look and ask if you see any glaring problems or omissions? It's a bit dirty, but I don't see any real damage. Owner says the bellows looks good. All the photos are full-size and viewable from one screen.

http://1259pm.com/temp/enlarger.html

Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is of course no lensboard installed, and no sign in your photos of any negative holders. There also isn't any baseboard showing. Otherwise it looks good.

I cannot tell from your photos if there has been any physical damage. That is what I would check for if I was inspecting it myself (does it raise and lower smoothly and stay in place. Does the focussing work as well).

Based on the labelling on the colour head it is a current model - here is a listing at B & H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Enlarger.html

Looks like a good deal.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, no lens, lensboard or negative carriers. I see if I bought the unit new, they don't come with them anyway.

But how much of a showstopper is no baseboard?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy a small laminated wood table top(they pre make several sizes)and get one the size you think will fit your needs. Then just bolt the mounting brackets to it, then the chassis to them, and you are off to the races. The alternative is to bolt directly to the counter top.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Baseboards do come up for sale/auction if you watch for them. I got a D5500 baseboard from ebay a while back. Baseboards tend to get separated from enlargers because of storage, shipping or wall mounting. If you do make your own, make sure it is very thick. I got an enlarger once with a professionally laminated baseboard, but it was junk because it was too thin. D5500 basebaord is two inches thick. For your enlarger I'd not use anything less than 1 1/4" thick dense particle board.

You will be looking on ebay for lensboards and negative carriers anyway, so just keep your eyes open for a baseboard also

Good thing is that you don't need a power supply (it is built in to the head).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin