Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,627   Online: 1091

Shooter
    Multi Format

Negative carrier for LPL c7700

I am looking at purchasing a c7700 but it has no negative carrier. I need 6x7, I have looked at some on ebay, there are some that say they will fit this (possibly lpl brand?) also I found a Besler 67c carrier. I wonder if this would fit such an enlrger?
    Or is there any types / brand that would be reccomended which would fit.
    a slightly unrellated question, is there advantage to having glass or no glass in the holder?

Thankyou.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Since its not easy to buy carriers alone and they are quite expensive new it is best to buy an enlarger outfit that has all you want.
    Here is a nice overview for the LPL series.

I use a glassless carrier which I modified to use a (Durst) glass on the top side. This ensures film flatness (and makes a big difference) but is two surfaces less to worry about.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I would get the LPL glass negative carrier. It keeps the film nice and flat. Other brands like Beseler won't fit the LPL.

Jon

ps there may be some neg carriers available in the APUG classifieds
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 04-23-2011 at 07:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ad
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you seen KHB's LPL resource page?

http://www.khbphotografix.com/LPL/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thankyou all for the replies.
    It seems it would be best to get an enlarger with all things included, the after market price of these small pieces is quite expensive
    pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad as I have one for sale, let me know if you change your mind. I originally bought mind from KHB but my enlarger is actually C76 type and I eventually found the correct one at B&H so I have the one for the 6700/7700 still. I paid as much for my used enlarger as the new negative carrier so they are indeed expensive to buy new parts for!

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...rrier-box.html
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin