Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,524   Posts: 1,645,709   Online: 777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

where can i get high quality LARGE (10'x7') prints made?

Hello,

I have a customer who wants me to shoot a specific shot and print it to fit a giant wall. I cannot print color nor can I print anywhere near this size. Can anyone tell me where I can get this done? What should I expect to pay? Will I have to convert this to a digital file?

Thank you,

Puma

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact Bob Carnie hear on APUG. He and his lab (Elevator Digital) in Toronto do large prints, and he can advise on the options.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Palm Press, in Concord, MA may be able to help you. I've seen very large prints done for MOMA by them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You might also try contacting Bob Carnie at Elevator. He does custom printing for a lot of big names.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Our APUG Brother Stephen Frizza, is the owner of Lighthouse Lab in Australia.
    It would be helpful if we knew where you are located.

Ron

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mid America, USA. I sent out a few emails but haven't heard anything yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if Dwayne's Photo is capable of handling that.
    Give them a call and see what's possible.

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you ask me the most difficult part of an analog project of this proportion is splicing the individual 50" pieces together. I think this is now a lost art, unless Bob C. can do it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I think this is now a lost art, unless Bob C. can do it.
    If he can't nobody can
    Jim

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This is too big for my shoes, if the neg is 35mm and wanting to go to 10 ft we are looking at about 120 x mag which is just going to flare out on the enlarger,
    scanning and printing on inkjet I could do it in two panels but once again buyer beware the mag is really stretching it.

There fore I would not be able to do it as an enlarger print, Kevin my business partner is putting a price together for you for scan and ink print.

There are probably a lot of shops that could do it the digital route without the long distance shipping, but I do not know where you are located exactly, you are also looking to find a good shop to mount as well and usually places like Elevator prefer to only mount the work they produce , any problems with the mount and the redo of the print is a easy fix, rather than the photographer going out and getting a new print made usually at their cost.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin