Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,956   Online: 938

Shooter
    35mm

Beseler 23C III-XL elevation lock?

Just stopping by the forum to read informative posts and I have a question of my own. I'm a new owner of a Beseler 23C III that I'd like to overhaul. I know where to get the rebuild kit but I'm pretty sure they don't include the elevation lock replacement. I can't for the life of me find any vendor online. Though this is probably the result of the instant gratification generation that I'll admit I'm part of.

Does anyone know a convenient dealer online that would carry this part? I'm going to talk to a local camera shop and if I don't have luck there I'll give Beseler a call during business hours and see if I have any luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats one part that I dont think could ever wear out. Its basically just a bolt with a t-bar through the head.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Thats one part that I dont think could ever wear out. Its basically just a bolt with a t-bar through the head.
    Yes, but unfortunately mine looks to have stripped threads. I see the 23C II models for sale but the III is actually different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the bolt portion stripped, or the plateit passes through? If just the bolt, you can replace that locally from a hardware or builders supply. If the carriage itself is boogered, then you may be able to clean it up with a thread tap of the matching diameter and pitch.

I guess I'll just have to look into that then, I wasn't aware that Beseler changed any major parts like that. Beseler claims that all modern parts fit their older machines.

Just looked on Calumet for refurb kits, and they show it as a replacement part for all 23C machines.
    Last edited by Rick A; 05-06-2011 at 06:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: new info
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    A listing for one vendor made a claim to point out that the elevation lock for the 23C, and 23CII, is different for the III. I didn't think to question the claim. Now I do see that at Calumet the 23C refurbishing kit comes with an elevation lock replacement kit. Just what I need. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I made a mistake. It looks like Calumet actually has the same statement on the page for the refurb kit. That the kit contains stuff that will fit all 23Cs except the elevation lock for the III. Looks like I'll be calling Beseler on Monday.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've written Beseler via email in the past and got a reasonably prompt response. I'm sure you could order the part from them. There's even an exploded diagram with part numbers for the 23CIII-XL on their website if I recall correctly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin