Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,110   Online: 1144

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kaiser VCP6000 are they good and do they do large format?

Hi all,

Im looking to get a secondhand enlarger and the Kaiser VCP6000 is one option and there is a Durst M305 and a Meopta Opemus 6

Which one is best, do any go to large format and what is a reasonable price?

Any info would be much appreciated as my knowledge of enlargers is just of using a De Vere 504 and nothing of other brands, and I cant find any info on the internet either.

Thank you very much in advance
    Cheers
    Martin

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I have the Kaiser and it's a great little enlarger but it doesn't do large format. I don't think any of them do large format. Compared, at least, to a Durst M601, it's just as good.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A Kaiser 6000 Series Enlarger will do 6x6 - they are still in production

A Durst M305 will only do 35mm - out of production

An Opemus 6 will also do 6x6 - out of production

Kaiser make nice well engineered enlargers - of the 3 choices, I would go for this one.

However, compared to a DeVere they all will seem rather small and insubstantial

I should declare I have both a DeVere 504 & a Kaiser 9005 (6x9)

Just remember, all enlargers are just simple light boxes - its the lens that really makes a difference to the final image quality and its the ergonomics that affect how you feel about your enlarger

Kaisers web site - http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/...iment.asp?w=19

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you both for your replies, I decided against buying all of them in the end and after some sensible contemplation I figured that if I aim to get an enlarger for when I finish uni in a year or two, that I could probably save enough along the way to get a decent second-hand De Vere - then ill not need to think of upgrading at all, whilst collecting other other darkroom essentials bit by bit over that period.

Thanks again
    Martin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin