Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,579   Online: 984

Shooter
    Multi Format

Beseler DDS head hex-cell diffuser needed

Just picked up a Beseler Dual Dichro S color head for my 23C which was previously set up for condenser B&W work with the conic light integrator. Unfortunately, it was missing the hex-cell diffuser needed for color work.

Does anyone have an extra or know where I can find a replacement hex-cell diffuser for my DDS head?

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try KHB Photographix in Missisuaga Canada. They are the go to guys around here for Omega , but know fixing and modifying things inside and out. Their prices reflect thishowever. They have a thorough web site.

If it is a DIY fix you are after, look to a localish theatrical supply houe (or B&H) Rocso or Lee both make high temperature tolerant diffusion materials with different characteristics available to pick from.

You might also try the art supply store for a sheet of white coreflute.
    Coreflute is a plastic version of corrogated cardboard.
    I have used it to make DIY grids for studio flash light modifiers with the black varietry of it by cutting thin strips and stacking them on edge. The white variety could be used in a similar manner to mimic the original hex cell diffuser.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Substitute

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sending KHB an email right now asking about it.

I've never seen a hex-cell diffuser in person, so I'm just unfamiliar with it's construction. If a snoot-type grid DIY jobber with some diffusion gel over it is similar I would have no problem whipping up one of those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kerne View Post
    I've never seen a hex-cell diffuser in person, so I'm just unfamiliar with it's construction. If a snoot-type grid DIY jobber with some diffusion gel over it is similar I would have no problem whipping up one of those.
    Good picture of it on page 7 of the manual: http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...hro23_head.pdf

Also, check out the new Beseler parts manuals and exploded views page here: http://www.beselerphoto.com/parts/ (does not list the Dual Dichro, though)
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-24-2011 at 05:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a quick FYI for anyone else who might be thinking about this. Be very cognizant of the materials you choose. I tried some cheap corrugated plastic from the local art store and it couldn't go more than 1.5 mins under the enlarger lamp before starting to melt. Wouldn't want to start any fires in the darkroom!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin