Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,372   Posts: 1,682,957   Online: 580

Shooter
    Medium Format

MPP Enlarger help.

I just got this Enlarger

It's an MPP enlarger, it came with two 50mm lenses two condenser lenses and carriers. The only problem is an I don't know how to put the condesor lenses in right because it didn't come with any instructions.

Has anyone got any instructions or help me with this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put a negative in and focus to you favorite print size with the 50mm lens. Take the negative out then use trial and error to fit the condensers so you have the most even illumination of the projected frame on the baseboard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have one of these in 6x6 mode. I assume you have a carrier - I don't see one in the picture. It is a long time since I had it (we are talking decades), but I would start with flat side down for single condensers, and curved sides together for pairs. I think my 6x6 model had the condensers mounted in a cylinder that fits inside the lamp house. I only remember having one set.

The head tilts back to get the carrier in. I think it is best to set the negative in the carrier, then insert it rather than take the weight off and slide the negative strip. But that was with the 6x6 glassless carrier.

The parallelogram head mount works well, but you may find that you are moving your masking frame a lot. On the other hand, the head won't twist, which it used to do raising on the column for my less than pristine one.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the help.

I think I must be missing something though because there's nothing to separate the condensers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can always skip the condensers, or at least the upper ones, insert a piece of frosted glass, and use as a diffusion enlarger.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum Aevum

“What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession.”
    -Neal Peart-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine only has the upper ones I think.

What size glass would this need?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try oldtimer - i have the same one

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2 View Post
    try oldtimer - i have the same one
    Do you know how to separate the condensers?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin