Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,433   Online: 929

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica Focomat IIc enlarger bulb replacement

Hi all.

The bulb in my Focomat IIc which a friend has kindly lent me is burnt. Either that or the wiring is shot. But I suspect it's the bulb.

Anyway, here's what's written on the burnt out bulb:

Philips
    Photoxxxxxxxx (where x's are words that have been rubbed off, this bulb looks OLD)
    230V 160W *4D (or 40)
    PF606 E/51
    Made in Holland

Again, the words are kinda blurry and it's quite hard to make it out.

So I'd like to get a replacement. Problem is I don't know what type of bulb & socket fitting that I need to get. I want to make sure it'll fit into the socket that is on the Focomat. I have zero knowledge about bulbs and/or sockets..did a quick search on ebay & freestyle..seems like there's a lot of 212's around but no PF606, similarly no E/51 either. I'm clueless.

I also read that normal household bulbs won't work..they'll cause a hotspot on the print. Just in case I'm going out to the local supermarket to see if any bulb will fit.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

-Dani

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    Anyway, here's what's written on the burnt out bulb:

Philips
    Photoxxxxxxxx (where x's are words that have been rubbed off, this bulb looks OLD)
    That word would be Photocrescenta which I believe was their standard designation for enlarger bulbs.
    I'm afraid I can't help with a suggestion for a replacement. Hopefully someone here can as I know a guy with one of these and he mentioned that he was concerned about getting a new bulb.
    You should be able to find a pdf of the manual online - someone showed me a copy a few days ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dani, don't worry my friend I have a spare one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael W: Thanks! Turns out any bulb with an E27 socket will fit, and there's a seller that sells that specific Photocrescenta bulb on ebay. I just bought a normal household Philips bulb, 100W E27, frosted glass. I'll have a go at printing with it tonight, just for kicks

chioque: Right then, thanks very much Abg Mansur! I'll go & pick it up at your place sometime next week..maybe Monday night? I'll be away the whole weekend.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin