Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,254   Online: 1003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I am familiar with the Leitz IIc. The IIc is too large for my space. I have increased development to raise contrast, however still too low for the color head. This morning I used Ilford WT and PF 130, toned in KRST 1:20 for 6 min. First impression is print richness is similar to EMAKS graded. That may be my answer.

So the collective wisdom is the Vivitar VI and VII, Kaiser VP Color head, Leitz IIc and Dunco have hybrid light sources.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Focomat IIa, as I mentioned, also has the combination diffusion/condenser light source. Not as heavy and overbuilt as the IIc, but completely adequate. Also not as expensive.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I looked again at Post Exposure by Ctein mentioned by pentaxuser. He may be pointing to Chapter 10, Split-Filter Printing vs. Graded Filter Printing. There are certainly differences between papers. Much of it is the paper tint, the paper color base and the contrast curve. One paper may work better than another for certain negatives. I think prints destined for a wall hanging do better with a white base which projects the image. A WT paper appears richer with more open shadows. Some papers (graded) seem to separate low values better or have a higher micro contrast (EMAKS). Conrad, I love my Leitz 1c. Had a V-35, arguably the best enlarger ever, but traded it for the 1c smaller footprint. Comrade, do you have a negative mask for 645.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you mean a 645 mask for the IIa or IIc? No, it's not a format I use, but I'll double check.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Comrade, don't take time to look. I'm really looking for something smaller and more modern.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK. But I didn't find one anyway. Good luck with your search.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin