Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,548   Online: 949

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beseler universal color head (condenser). the one that looks like comes with the enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was referring to the bulb itself - if it is the wrong bulb or is out of position vertically, then the condensers aren't able to do their job properly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Is the lens mounted on the board properly? On my LPL the lens mounts into a sort of cup-shaped thing and sometimes a lens works better if it's mounted with the cup inverted into the enlarger or sometimes better if it's sticking out like a bump. I use an 80mm for up to 6x9 so I'd be surprised if a 75mm can't do 6x6.
    But double check it is 75mm as a standard 50mm lens does what you're talking about.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had the same problem printing 2 1/4 with the Nikkor 75 on that enlarger. Everyone says that the lens should work, but in the end I found that shifting to an 80mm Rodenstock was the only way I could find to fix it. There should be a solution for you, but if you don't want to fight the machine, try a slightly longer lens - if you are still able to get to 16x20.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't have a mask in the filter drawer or under the condenser, I assume? My 75mm Hoya does 6x6 on a Beseler without trouble, so I think it is either the lens having a coverage limit, or something in the light path.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi all,
    thanks for your help. light source is 150 w light bulb and is positioned correctly. lens is mounted correctly. no mask in filter drawer. can anyone else confirm 75 mm won't work for 6x6 on beseler 45 mcrx?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes. Actually, 75mm will work if you don't mind the edges falling off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so will 80 definitely work or do I need to go longer than that? thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeuk View Post
    so will 80 definitely work or do I need to go longer than that? thanks.
    Yes, 80mm. If that still gives light falloff then the lens is not the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    excellent I'll be renting one tomorrow. if it works than I'll be in the market to buy one and sell my 75. thanks everyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin