Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,763   Online: 937

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

vignetting on 6x6 with beseler 45 mcrx 75 mm schneider

hello,
    hoping someone can help. i have my beseler 45 mcrx set to the 2 1//4 setting. i'm using a 75 schneider. i have the enlarger mounted on a home made adjust-able and am printing 16x20. i can't seem to get rid of dark corners on the projection even with it wide open. do i have to do something with the actual condenser's or is there something else i can check? thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Image circles increase in size as you stop down. What does it look like when you stop down to f/8 rather than wide open?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it seems the opposite. when I stop down the image circle decreases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it seems like the lens plane needs to move further from the film plane in order to achieve full image coverage. this I would think means get a longer lens but I thought 75 is adequate for 6x6. help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two things, I cant find the specs for it, but I think the 80mm schneider is for 6x6 and the 75 is for 6x4.5. They are pretty conservative with their specs, so I'd expect if this is the case, the 75 would still work for 6x6. My beseler (a cb7) also has an adjustment above the film carrier that needs to be cranked up or down for different image sizes. It's got a little arrow that indicates on a piece of tape measure the proper positions of the head for different film sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have that too. I have on the correct format and have played around with moving it in either direction. same problem. thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think your lens is too short for 6x6. Since you have stated that the problem is not affected by how you set the upper bellows, then the lens must not be covering your film completely.

Have you actually made a print and noticed dark corners, or are you judging based solely on the image on the easel?

Are you positive the vignette is not on the negs?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    positive it's not the neg. judging soley the easel. I guess it would actually make light corners un the print because there's no lighting the corners. that would be terrible. if I can do without having to buy a new lens it would be good. thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeuk View Post
    positive it's not the neg. judging soley the easel. I guess it would actually make light corners un the print because there's no lighting the corners. that would be terrible. if I can do without having to buy a new lens it would be good. thanks.
    Brain fart on my part. Yes, it would be light corners.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This can also result from the light source being out of position. What bulb do you have installed?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin