Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,040   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking more along the lines of a tray pre-wet, then load it into the drum with the overlap referenced above.

Ilford does Warmtone in RC, I am just not sure how keen I am on selling those to my customers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of a tray pre-wet, then load it into the drum with the overlap referenced above.

Ilford does Warmtone in RC, I am just not sure how keen I am on selling those to my customers...
    I think you'd have a hell of a time getting a wet fiber print into that drum because of the "sticky" and soft nature of a wet piece of paper. Think about how well wet paper sticks to plexi when you're squeegying the water off.

Let me know how it goes, I've yet to try large paper in my drum.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's starting to sound like it is useless for 20x24 fiber paper. I suppose I could try the RC stuff and if I like it, keep the drum, otherwise, I prefer to tray develop anyway...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find the 20x24 paterson to be too big with not enough space for the print. Cesco or Premier are flat and take much less space than the Paterson. Try with these one. They might fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili View Post
    I find the 20x24 paterson to be too big with not enough space for the print. Cesco or Premier are flat and take much less space than the Paterson. Try with these one. They might fit.
    Yeah, my generic trays from b&h are smaller on the outside but larger than patterson trays on the inside. I only have three 16x20 pattersons and don't really like them. They are much more rigid and easier to pour out though.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I was looking up info on the 3063 drum and saw this....is anyone successfully developing 20x24 fiber in this drum with a pre-wet?
    Over a decade ago Scott Jones worked on how best to process fiber based black and white prints in a Jobo drum. Here are some of his threads:

I'm not sure whether further searching would reveal any updates he might have posted to address larger prints.

I use RC paper for some personal purposes, but, if I were ever to sell prints, would only consider offering fiber-based paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin