Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Les has the answer. Looking at the prints, I am certain that post flashing will do it. I have also tried pre flashing then burning in which is much more effective once the pre flash has pushed the paper up to its threshold. You will win eventually; good luck!

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    2 years ago I took a set of pictures in the London tube, Canary Wharf station.

Tonight I started fiddling around with a pre-flash technique - but it didnīt actully solve it. And I donīt plan to mess around with masking techniques.

Suggestions?

Whatever - Thanks! :-)
    If lack of time is an issue...
    Pre-flashing is one of the sympliest technique (and by that also the strongest)to improve the highlights in your print.
    It can easely done with almost every print.
    Rh-design sells a beautiful tool for that means.
    A 'must have' in almost every darkroom.

You can test the effect with a stouffer tablet.
    At 1/3 to half the time of creating "fog", you will see that mid-tones and shadows are not 'attacked' by this technique.

Fred
    Last edited by fred; 10-16-2004 at 02:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin