Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,917   Posts: 1,521,927   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Glue brand is pretty useful, Ive reattached leather panels with it with great success.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another vote for Yes stickflat glue. When I use this to mount prints, I draw thin lines on the mount board just smaller than the print. Then I use it straight without diluting. Wash hands, keep some wet paper towels nearby and work near a sink. Get a gob the size of an acorn on thumb and rub firmly to spread the glue reasonably thin. Work carefully when you go to the lines. Wash hands again and then lay the print on top and press it down. I have never lost a print this way though I almost always have to wipe off small bits of misplaced glue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll cast my lot in with the wheatpasters, I've known a few people to use this paste to put up posters [This is actually called wheatpasting] and those posters seem to never come down!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Both Yes glue, those simple nontoxic paste pens, and traditional wallpaper glues are just various formulas of wheat dextrin. The only serious drawback besides accidentally getting a sticky fingers etc on the face of the print, is that booklice will feed on this kind of substance. As you probably already know, at various terrible times in modern history, including the siege of Leningrad in WWII, people tried
    to stay alive by pulling down the wallpaper and licking the paste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Both Yes glue, those simple nontoxic paste pens, and traditional wallpaper glues are just various formulas of wheat dextrin. The only serious drawback besides accidentally getting a sticky fingers etc on the face of the print, is that booklice will feed on this kind of substance. As you probably already know, at various terrible times in modern history, including the siege of Leningrad in WWII, people tried
    to stay alive by pulling down the wallpaper and licking the paste.

i have eaten a pan full of wheat paste before ... thinking it was something else.
    it tasted vaguely like cream of wheat ... and that is what i convinced myself
    it was as i was eating it ... i only realized as i was eating the last
    spoonful that it was wheat paste. just in case you were wondering,
    it was pretty filling and mildly sweet. ( i made it with king arthur flour )
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin