Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,661   Posts: 1,623,887   Online: 874

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks a lot! Now, I have some ideas about how I can improve my final works, and activity.....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've always struggled with taking what I think is too much time to create a final print. About an hour into a session I'm only at the work print stage (this includes the set up time also). Sometimes I've worked a whole afternoon, 5-7 hours to get one fine print. I find it takes alot of time just setting up, getting the chems to temp, and then cleaning up afterward. I would probably print more often if I had a darkroom that was ready to go at any time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to have a desire to print quickly and in volume. This was when I shot 35mm and MF when I had 20-30 images to proof and potentially enlarge. Now that I have moved into large format, I shoot 1 or 2 images. I do a contact print which for me takes about 20 minutes to achieve the desired exposure.

Then I do a trial enlargement, which takes another 20-30 minutes to get a basic exposure. After that, I take several days to evaluate each enlargement to decide what the next version of exposure + contrast should be. I am now working on one image which I have printed about 10 times to get it the way I want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin