Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,154   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, just to be sure before I scan this, take a look at the attached and make sure it's what you are looking for. Sorry, it's a pdf
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's it but I have the Ultra Pro. Wonder if it makes any difference? Either way I'm appreciative as I bound to learn something about this thing.

-Puma

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just typed it into a word processor. I've done a first proof for typos and formatting, but need to work on that a bit more with fresh eyes. The photos in the original aren't that helpful and it's poorly written and inconsistently formatted. I'll try to get a good copy up tomorrow after a second look, and a decision on how much more work I want to put into it, and whether I should edit it a bit for clarity and internal consistency. I should probably leave it in the original state as much as possible, or maybe just post the original and then come back and post an improved edit later when I have the time.

The original is about 2.5 x 3 inches and 31 pages long, so it was faster and easier to type than to scan and assemble. (Typing class in '68 pays off. )

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    That's it but I have the Ultra Pro. Wonder if it makes any difference? Either way I'm appreciative as I bound to learn something about this thing.

-Puma
    Mike Butkus' site has a Mastersix accessory manual which may solve the problem for you. For me, I'm just incredibly appreciative of Lee (and his typing teacher's?) efforts, as well as akaa's efforts.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, here's the first edit. Not sure if I'll do more. I have a busy schedule the next three weeks. PM me about typos, as I may not catch up with this thread later. It's in .pdf format because I don't do MS proprietary formats, and MS Office purposely screws up open document formats to discourage their use. (Thanks MS for making the world a more difficult and expensive place.)

I stuck with the original except for some of the notation (f/stop vs. f-stop and f:8 instead of f/8). I also added a column of standard density units to the contrast range - paper grade chart in the 'appendix' and didn't correct appendixes to appendices, which should have been singular in the first place. Looks like the contrast table in the appendix got messed up a bit in translation. The '0' (zero) section in the Conventional Paper Grade column should go all the way to the bottom of the Table. I'll see if I can fix that. (done.)

This should get most folks who are familiar with their meter and standard darkroom procedures going.

Lee
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lee L; 09-29-2011 at 08:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee:

Thank you!

Matt
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're welcome. Happy to help.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You guys are the apotheosis of awesome! Sincerely I thank you!

Puma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin