Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,463   Posts: 1,570,646   Online: 820

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

How to use the Gossen enlarging attachment? English Manual Location?

Hello,

Where can I find a manual in English of this device?

Can anyone tell me how to use it?

Thank you,

Puma

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Oops, I have a Gossen Ultra Pro, if that helps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe Blighty could be persuaded to share this again: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...ttachment.html

I for one would like to have this manual in English
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I found that thread but was unsure why he didn't just post it there? I sent him a private message.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Butkus.org has a bunch of Gossen manuals, but not that one, it looks like.
    It's a pretty simple device, actually. There are some general guides on how to calibrate an enlarging meter to your materials around, Ilford's site may be a good place to start.

I have the enlarging attachement (but not the instruction sheet). I only use it occasionally when I change print sizing with a neg. After getting to a good print at the first size, I meter a convenient place on the neg, then meter that same location after changing magnification and adjust exposure accordingly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I haven't used one since losing it in a darkroom fire decades ago. As I recall, I first made a good print, and noted the aperture and exposure time. Then I metered the image on the easel in a shadow area that barely recorded detail in the print. Setting the ISO scale to give the printing aperture and time established an approximate ISO for that paper in future prints. I may have had to use the lens opened two stops to get a good reading, and stopped down two stops for the exposure. Such compensation works well when consistantly applied. The original instructions should give much better instructions than this.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a copy of the manual, if you would like me to email it to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akaa View Post
    I have a copy of the manual, if you would like me to email it to you.
    Yes please - a link to send me emails is in my profile here on APUG.

Would you have any objection to my forwarding a copy to Gossen and/or Mike Butkus?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i would truly appreicate recieving a copy of this manual. My German is not the best, and the time involved to translate is forever. please send to the email address listed in my profile! thank you so very much.

the duchess blue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin