Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,364   Posts: 1,682,924   Online: 770

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler Printmaker 35 Manual?

So my ten cent ebay buy arrived, but the enlarger was taken apart and packed extremely well. So far I've got the pole mounted to the board, I've got the head on the pole, but thats about as far as I've gotten. I know that the little glass condenser plate slides into the head under the bulb, but I dont know which slot. I think there is two.

The other thing I'm having trouble with is the lens board, I know where it goes, but it seems a little loose. And there is this part that looks like a cap for the top of the pole, but it has a metal coil in it and I can't figure out how it goes on.

Does anyone have a link to an instruction manual for the Beseler PM 35? Otherwise it'll be another $20 purchase for one on ebay.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    There should be a condenser diagram on the back of the slide up front cover. Oh, apparently there is no diagram. Someone describes the positioning for the 35 on this: http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00Wfbs

The lens board goes into a spring loaded slot in the back. You push it back and then the front rests on a little shelf. You can shim the board with tape to make it tighter.

Not sure about the coil thing, may be a counter-balance spring to counteract the weight of the head. Do you have a picture?

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 10-01-2011 at 02:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think I have some manuals in my classroom. I'll be there Monday and can check for you. If so, will scan and send.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a link from the Beseler website to an exploded diagram:

http://www.beselerphoto.com/parts-pd...r-35-67-ex.pdf

Yes, I know it is hard to work with.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Valerie, Jon, and Matt! All of that is GREAT help!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin