Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 821

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are going for a Durst, either stick with 35mm models (F30, 305), or make sure you get the full set of condensers and carriers. Some parts can be hard to locate later. There is something to be said for having 120 capability.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I understand things, Jerevan's recommendations are excellent for someone who is looking in Europe. Many of the other brands referenced here at APUG (Beseler, Omega, LPL?) are also excellent, but the availability of parts and accessories may be more limited in Europe.

With one exception, the only advantages of 35mm only enlargers are that:

1) when new, they were the least expensive; and
    2) they are the most compact.

The exception? Leitz enlargers - but if you find one of those, it will most likely be more expensive.

I'd recommend looking for an enlarger that will take at least 6x6 negatives as well. Medium format enlargers are more modular, and tend to be better built. If you can find one that works with 6x7 or even 6x9, even better.

In my market, used medium format enlargers are easy to find for free or nearly free, but that may be particular to here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another plug for Meopta Opemus, should be easy to find from where you are based, spares also, not that you should need any, simple and robust. Opemus 6 perhaps.
    regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I propose a Meopta Opemus 6, condenser type, with a Nikon f/2.8 lens. It could cost between 100 and 200 euros, and you can print papers as big as 12x16 (30x40). Additionally, you will be also ready to print 6x6 in the future.
    Henry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Aw... if all they are going to do is 35mm don't clutter up their mind. Leitz focomat! If you have some coins.
    A small 35mm will fit in a broom closet! I HATE loading a negative in my 35mm board for the 4x5 it's a big as a pancake!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Durst f60 will do both 35mm and 6x6. It's a really little thing, too. Dismantles quickly for storage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a durst M605 COLOR(dichroic head). In europe they're pretty plentiful it seems(they sure are here in the states), and with the color head, it makes dialing in variable contrast grades as easy as 1,2,3 !

Get a 50mm 2.8 EL-Nikkor lens, and go to town

Dan

EDIT: one more thing: At least here in the USA, if you buy a used enlarger, I'd highly recommend replacing the lamp(bulb) before using it. That way you have a fresh, brand new bulb. Buy a spare or two, just in case. They're not too expensive IIRC. Better than being in the middle of a printing session and your bulb blows out or starts to flicker...

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sure you don't need to hear this again, but the Meopta Opemus 6 would be a great choice and probably very easy to find in Germany.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leitz V-35 Focomats have occasionally sold for a few hundred dollars. Do not hesitate if you find yourself with the chance to pick one up for not much money.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Beseler printmaker

A Beseler printmaker enlarger is a compact, well built, enlarger for 35mm. Should be able to find one on fleaBay or in someone's trash for a decent price.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin