Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,653   Online: 645

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're still looking for a 35mm only enlarger, there's one now on eBay Germany here Kaiser VC 35 Enlarger. It even has BIN or make the seller an offer. From the listing, it seems the seller is in Munich, not sure how far that is from you in Bremen.

Mansur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    any enlarger will work for 35mm but
    like the others have suggested, look for something
    for the next size up ... while you think 35mm is all you will
    be using, who knows, you might pick up a used 120 camera
    and a multi-format enlarger will save you the trouble of
    having to look for another one, and selling this one ...

look on ebay, or eve ... local newspaper / photo labs
    and schools, you might get one for just the gas of the drive

good luck !
    john

35 mm only machines tend to be wobbly and filmsy with few exceptions. Leica machines being one.

Buy a medium format with a setup for 35 mm printing, condensers or diffusion housing , neg carrier, and 50 mm lens. You will be happier.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The best enlarger for 35mm is Leitz. The Valoy II is the simpliest of the (3) small format Leitz enlargers. If 95% of your enlargements are on 8x10 and the enlarger needs to be moved, the Valoy II is the one to have. Eugene Smith used on on location.

The beauty of the Valoy is you get the same head configuration as the 1c in a smaller footprint.
    RJ

Valoys require the short neck bulbs which are near impossible to find, have no anti newton disk, and no good way to place VC filter inside. If you try to go over 8x10, the photo hits the column foot.

The long neck bulbs cause uneven light and there is no up/down bulb adjustment like a IC has to counter it.

My Valloy 2 is heavily modified to overcome all the stated defects. For Sale in USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad the OP is on another continent, I have a nice sturdy Vivitar that fits his criteria, and will also do 6x6. My daughter had been using it but has set it aside for a larger machine.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm not sure I buy into the notion that cheap enlarger lenses work fine when they're stopped down. They certainly work BETTER when they're stopped down, but they likely do not compare well with high quality lenses.

In my past I've had two enlarger lenses that compared miserably to quality lenses. A long time ago I had an inexpensive Spiratione lens and more recently I had a Meopta Belar - both were visibly quite poor compared to more expensive lenses. I'm currently using a little Durst F30, exactly the sort of enlarger you described as wanting - and the lens (superb!) is a Componon-S.

Meopta makes a great enlarger (I have an old Axomat) and I'm told their higher quality lenses are quite good. If you get one, make sure it has a Leica thread lens board. Some of the older ones have a 23mm lens board.

I also agree with the one poster who suggested going with an enlarger that goes up to 6 x 6 (I also have a Durst M600), but the small footprint of my Durst F30 is a blessing in my make-shift darkroom, aka "the hall bathroom".

Jerry W
    Warrenton, VA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suggest getting a medium-format enlarger even if you have no intention of using that film size.

MF enlargers are much more solidly built, and rigidity of the machine will yield higher print quality due to less vibration.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    Valoys require the short neck bulbs which are near impossible to find, have no anti newton disk, and no good way to place VC filter inside. If you try to go over 8x10, the photo hits the column foot.

The long neck bulbs cause uneven light and there is no up/down bulb adjustment like a IC has to counter it.

My Valloy 2 is heavily modified to overcome all the stated defects. For Sale in USA.
    How did you modify your ValoyII?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst M70 enlarger 35mm available

I just posted on another thread the above for sale
    peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin