Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,254   Online: 748

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F, yes i know, i was meaning that i have to fix it. The fact is i rent my flat, so i try to modify it at minimum.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking about this myself recently. I have not done it yet but I think a good way is to purchase a roll of adheasive magnetic tape. You can stick that to the wall, then put on paper, then put other long strips of the magnetic tape or small neodymium magnets over it to hold it up.

easier, faster, and less messy than plain masking tape, and no need to nail long metal strips onto the wall. various vendors sell this tape, and its pretty cheap with various lengths available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    blu-tack.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A cork board from WallyMart and thumbtacks work for my 16x20s. I project on the wall.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use Masking Tape - and make it into H shapes

The Vertical strips of the H attach the tape (and Paper) to the wall in the normal manner

The Horizontal bar of the H has the tape reversed - sticky side out - to attach it to the back of the paper.

6 or 8 H shapes will stick a 20x16 piece of paper to the wall - and the you can get 5+ pieces of paper hung before the tape starts to loose its edge.

I wouldn't want to print professionally like this - but for the odd print - its easy, cheap and makes no mess.

Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When I did this many years ago, I used masking tape. Blu-tac sounds like a good option, if you don't have a big vacuum board or magnet strip setup.

If you've got room for floor projection, the basic technique is to reverse the enlarger column and turn the enlarger around, weighting the baseboard, so the enlarger doesn't topple over. Some enlargers like Omega D's can do this easily. Some require unscrewing the column mount from the base and putting it back with the head facing the other way, and I suppose that for some enlargers, there may be no easy way of doing it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Drafting tape. Looks like masking but with easy release. Use it all the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    I use Masking Tape - and make it into H shapes

The Vertical strips of the H attach the tape (and Paper) to the wall in the normal manner

The Horizontal bar of the H has the tape reversed - sticky side out - to attach it to the back of the paper.
    Or just use low-tack two-sided tape. Martin, could you please check PM?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would think one of those cheap metal easels from Delta would be a good way to wall mount, They come with the magnetic strips to hold the paper. Since the easel is thin metal it shouldn't be to hard to mount to the wall. Robert

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    The side of a file cabinet (Black metal) and a few magnets would work! True up the file to match the enlarger and choose a suitable enlargement size it should weigh enough to keep it from moving accidentally. I've also found magnets that are the size of business cards (at Staples) that are covered on one side with an adhesive. Leave the protective cover on or stick some black paper on it. They are strong enough to hold down most papers, or cut them into strips to get more coverage! I also use them to hold down test strips when making prints on a regular metal easel. I get an unexposed paper white at the same time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin