Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,748   Online: 937

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quick question: when buying a second hand enlarger do you expect a lens with it ?

Title says it all really...

I'm selling an enlarger - I can't mail the enlarger (too big = hassle), but I could mail the lens and therefore list it here at APUG to a much larger market. But I don't want to shoot myself in the foot with an enlarger without a lens that I cant sell

Have a look:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum135/...rger-lens.html

whats it worth ?

top of the day to ya
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In that case you might want to sell the lens separate since that enlarger can't do 6x9cm. Rodagon 105mm lenses are not so common.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enlargers don't really sell, as there is little demand, so if you sell it with or without a lens you will still strugle to get a 'decent' price.

On the other hand, enlarging lenses are useable for other purposes so appeal to a greater market as they're good for macro, product shots, and other photographic purposes, not just in an enlarger. You are probably better off selling the lens seperately.

JJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin