Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,694   Online: 779

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked the alignment?
    Henry.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm not familiar with the enlarger, but it sounds like a large format enlarger, probably designed for 4x5. With some 4x5 enlargers it's not possible to focus 35mm negatives just because the bellows won't compress enough to let you get the lens close enough to the negative for large magnifications of the negative. The solution here is usually a recessed lensboard, which lets the lens get closer to the negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The reason for the problem is probably that you can't crank the lens close enough to the negative for a big enlargement. For an 8X10, the back focal node of the lens is only about 56mm from the film for a 50mm lens. The first question is whether the enlarger was designed for 35mm negatives. Most are. If so, then check the lend board and check for any obstructions that prevent the bellows from bringing the lens close to the negative. If all else fails, you can still make moderate sized enlargements using a 75mm lens with 35mm film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I looked at Ebay last night and this enlarger is indeed designed for 4x5 negatives. A search of Ebay revealed some recessed lensboard cones for the DeVere. Mounting one of those on a lensboard and recessing your lens closer to the negative should solve your problem. I've done this on other enlaegers, but I find it difficult to read the lens f-stop when using one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin