Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I have been doing with my Kentmere is exposing it EI1600 and developing it in Xtol 1-1 with pleasing results. Grain adds character.

Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 12-24-2011 at 09:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    That grain is gorgeous!!! I want some grain in my prints - god forbid someone might mistake them for cheap digital prints!!!!
    Yeah, I agree. The grain is quite pleasant to view. I've never shot the stuff but after seeing that grain I am going to pick up some sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I was buying bricks of tri-x at B&H about 6 months ago and the guy there was trying to push Kentemere on me as "the same as HP5", but for half the price. He was an older guy and my experience with him is that he knows his $#!t. Take it with a grain of salt I suppose.
    I have been shooting quite a lot of Kentmere 400, and a few rolls of HP5+. I find them similar, but not quite the same. HP5+ has whiter whites to me, whereas Kentmere has a more overall gray quality to it (if that makes sense.)

Price-wise, here in Japan the two films are similar (for bulk, which I buy) and I may switch to HP5+ soon. I've read that it doesn't get along well with Rodinal, but I shall do my own testing

I've been developing Kentmere 400 in HC-110 recently (below 10c because tap water is very cold and I'm too lazy to use a bath) and grain has been comparable to Tri-X and other 400 speed films
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Shoot, thanks for bringing this film to my attention. I've been looking for a film that has some grain to it--I used to get Neopan 400 and develop in PMK with similar results. Any luck pushing it?
    K.S. Klain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin