Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,786   Online: 1056

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Enlarging 35mm Proofs

Enlarging 35mm Proofs

I'm mostly a medium format and large format guy.
    But every once in a while my Nikon comes into play and I want proofs that are big enough to actually see.
    Back in 1990 I made a carrier for my 4x5 Beseler to enlarge 3 strip of 3 negatives onto a sheet of 8x10 paper.

I resurrected the idea, and put the Mark II version in the classified section.
    Take a look...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...of-system.html

Reinhold
    www.Re-inventedPhotoEquip.com
    www.classicBWphoto.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi 35 System3.jpg  
    Last edited by Reinhold; 12-09-2011 at 07:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i did a few 16x20 contact sheets from 36frame rolles of 35mm film on an 8x10 enlarger...

thats a good way to see yer negs!

yep.

if only i had an 8x10 enlarger and endless sheets of 16x20 to 'waste' on contact sheets!
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neat idea Reinhold.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Neat idea Reinhold.

Ian
    +1 !

perfect way to enlarge a series, and present them in one of those cool wood presentation pieces !

i look forward to the next thing under your cap

john
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Omega has a similar carrier for the D chassis.

It actually has a sliding section, so 6 long neg strips can be exposed, 3 at a time.

For the other three, you slide the neg carrier in the chassis that fits into the enlarger.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice!
    Just as I had convinced myself I don't need a bigger enlarger...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hm.... Amazing - I happen to have a Durst 8x10 enlarger and a seemingly endless supply of sheets of 16x20 paper... I'm mostly a 6x6 guy, but getting into Leica lately again and would love to end up with some nice little prints to look at vs. the puny straight contact sheets.
    Come to San Diego folks - visit and print

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I'm a fan of Durst 184 8x10 Enlargers, I set mine up with a 300mm and a AN Glass carrier and I can blow up an entire roll of 35mm or 120 roll film to any size up to 20x24 (My largest tray set up!). For 3 frame by 3 strip (3 frames per strip) in my Beseler 4x5 enlarger, I use a AN 4x5 glass carrier, both set ups work well!

Shooter
    35mm
    When I was doing this, my solution was two sheets of glass, hinged at the back with black masking tape. Then one strip of tape to position the back of back neg strip, and one along the front of the front strip. This was all arranged to fit in the center of the enlarger's view when the glass was pushed back against my D2Vs carrier-locating pins.

Lay the negs in place, and with the tape to keep them from wandering, as they flatten they line themselves up as you close the glass. The glass was long enough to hold three strips of six, printing the first three negs, then sliding the carrier along to print the second three.

Total cost: about nothing, and ten minutes of my time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Newton rings await the unwary...

Reinhold

www.Re-inventedPhotoEquip.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin