Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,344   Online: 1146

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And also very nice to watch and part of Luciano's YouTube channel (Darkroom Project 2011):

I love seeing them converting an entire historic hall into one giant darkroom by starting to develop pre-exposed mega prints there by dousing them coarsely with developer as a kind of performance!
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I love seeing them converting an entire historic hall into one giant darkroom by starting to develop pre-exposed mega prints there by dousing them coarsely with developer as a kind of performance!
    Outstanding! I want to do this.
    Last edited by Toffle; 12-19-2011 at 03:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Outstanding! I want to do this.
    Me too!

But actually, I am beginning to wonder if they actually develop (which would require an additional stop or at least fixing stage), or simply throw developer or strong selenium toner onto a "previously-developed-but-bleached-back" piece of photo paper... If they developed it the first time, the developer would likely give a slower response and initially a more blotchy result (until full development). Well, at least with FB, but this is probably RC.

If they pre-developed and pre-bleached it, the additional advantage would be that you had an image not much susceptible to light, you could almost do the re-developing in broad daylight (well... certainly no issue with the kind of lighting you see in this video).

Anyway, the light bulbs in the end seem genuine enough dark room bulb with their orange-green color... so it may have been a first time development.
    Last edited by Marco B; 12-19-2011 at 06:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now, this may not fully qualify as a "darkroom" video, and there's certainly a lot of driving footage, but it deserves a look:

http://www.ereignis21.de/Ereignis21.mp4

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I tried to follow the links today, but found they were dead.

Here is an updated link...

Luciano Corvaglia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHl3H...yer_detailpage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin