Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,054   Online: 826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another Great Darkroom Video.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I couldn't find any reference to it here. (I didn't look that hard, so mods can remove this if they like)
    A three-part video in Italian, with english dubbing and subtitles, in which eight students print negatives from a published book. It's an odd cross between Monty Python and Cube. (shut in a bare room, trying to solve its mysteries) They only get one shot at their final print, which adds to the reality show vibe of it, but I would like to have seen what they could do after an initial critique of their first print.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    That was very entertaining.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had seen this some time ago and as you have hinted, it promises more than it delivers if you want to learn anything about printing.

Pity, as it wouldn't take much to make it really informative

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brilliant! Just watched the first part (it's already 1.00am so I'm going to watch the rest tomorrow), but this is very entertaining and could appeal to younger people with an interest in analog as well.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just watched them all -- great fun! If this was made into a tv show I would be a faithful watcher!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For TV (which I don't watch) this was nice. I could envision one of my professors doing something like this. It wasn't too far fetched of an idea. I even learned something, I didn't know that WT paper, gets darker in the fix and needs to dev less (I don't print WT much). I cued the video to the exact point, click here for the 101 on WT. All in all this was not only entertaining but informative at times. Good watch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link Toffle

jp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very inspiring!

Time to print now.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    For TV (which I don't watch) this was nice. I could envision one of my professors doing something like this. It wasn't too far fetched of an idea. I even learned something, I didn't know that WT paper, gets darker in the fix and needs to dev less (I don't print WT much). I cued the video to the exact point, click here for the 101 on WT. All in all this was not only entertaining but informative at times. Good watch.
    I always expose such that I can develop the print to the end and do not interrupt the development. As I use to switch on white light after fixing, how can I know about the darkening of the print in the fix?

Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have added these videos by Italian printer Luciano Corvaglia to the APUG Video section, which is just a link directory to the original YouTube videos, so you can watch them now from within the APUG environment.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin