Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,760   Online: 865

Shooter
    35mm

power supply for Saunders 7700

Hello all,

We just bought a Saunders/LPL but it doesn't have a power supply. Does anybody have any thoughts? The couple new options are way too expensive. Is there a way to buy an off brand power supply and hook it up? I am good with a soldering gun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just match your bulb voltage and wattage. However, a generic power supply probably won't save you that much money, they can be expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 12v lighting transformer with mine, the sort designed for low voltage halogen downlights. Cheap, and regulated too. I'm in the UK but I dare say similar units are available in the States. You need a 12v 105W version like this.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Ic, RH. A generic 12v 105w version is not too bad... I found them as inexpensive as 9.95 at Amazon... but it doesn't discuss the amperage, although they say it is for dimming halogen lights.

My daughter is the one that got the enlarger for Christmas... ok... I found it... and rats... it did not have the power supply... but I am learning a lot in the process ... .. I would say that is a good thing.

Will 105W be enough? Is the amperage important/critical? Is the power just for the bulb?

Thanks,
    Dean
    Last edited by dousterhout; 12-26-2011 at 11:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lamp in the C7700 colour and VC heads is 12v 100W, so a 105W transformer will be fine. Put it this way, mine hasn't gone phut yet and I've been using it for years . It would be worth making sure that someone hasn't fitted a different lamp though, and if they have, replace it with the one for which the enlarger was designed.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    VA = (V x A) = (Voltage x Amperage) = Watts.

So 105 VA = 105W, which, as mentioned should work fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin