Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

13w or 15w Spiral bulbs

What is the effective printing difference between a 13w BLB spiral bulb and a 15w spiral BLB bulb?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1 bulb alone is not going to be sufficient probably, and the wattage difference would be negligible. Using 2 CFL BL-bulbs at about 14 inches, my exposures were underexposed after 1 hour.

I recently built a 7-bulb array, and so that difference in wattage would equate to about 1 extra bulb. No word yet on printing times.

HTH!

Shooter
    35mm
    13.4%

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    *searches for like button*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I build a UV light box with 9 -13w BLB spirals, with the base up, evenly distributed over a box that will hold a contact print rig up to 16x16". Exposure times with Ware's cyanotype vary between 10' and 60', depending on how long ago I coated, and how dense the negative is.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, have you had any trouble with inconsistent output from the bulbs, that you know of? I've been told by some (ok, one) that CFL BLB's aren't stable enough for demanding processes (color carbon for instance).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    13.4%
    Smart ass
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    So basically the difference in printing time will be faster with the 15w bulb but not by much?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    basically.

But are you planning to only use 1 bulb??

Images
    No a bank of 6-9 on 6 inch centers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin