Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,042   Online: 913

Thread: Lith question

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lith question

I have some old Kodak polymax fiber and RC. They're fogged a bit. Is there any chance they'd work for lith? My only other papers are Ilford which aren't really known for doing much with lith (except maybe for the Art 300, which I do have also). I'm thinking of trying the Moersch easy lith, if the chemistry makes a difference in which papers to consider.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could work Bethe... That said,,i am not sure if polymax is a lithable paper or not. You will just have to try it. Easy lith is a good starting point.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I have some old Kodak polymax fiber and RC. They're fogged a bit. Is there any chance they'd work for lith? My only other papers are Ilford which aren't really known for doing much with lith (except maybe for the Art 300, which I do have also). I'm thinking of trying the Moersch easy lith, if the chemistry makes a difference in which papers to consider.
    Ilford Warmtone is beautiful in lith, but requires toning afterward, unless you really like an olive green cast to your prints. You get a little bit of grain usually, but it's somewhat dependent on developer dilution and temperature, and can be quite fine grained if you have the right negative (high contrast preferred).

Like Andrew suggests, the Kodak papers might work (I have some Ektalure that is amazing in lith). I seem to remember that the Polymax fiber works with lith, but all you can do is try it out. I have a box of it here that I've been meaning to test, but haven't gotten around to it.

Good luck!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried RC with Arista developer and it worked. It produces nice warm color. However the blacks were rather weak. Most likely it was due to my technique.

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I guess it's time to "waste" a couple of darkroom days with experimenting. Off to the Freestyle website...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin