Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,351   Online: 758

Shooter
    Large Format

B/W positive from colour paper in b/w photo booth

Hi

I am continuing to research the photo booth process and have had a bit of luck

having just got a strip that was not fully developed all over
    most of it was quite low contrast b/w but the end was red and blue which has now faded to quite muted but is still a colour

I have emailed various people in the photo booth community of which there seems to be a lot of enthusiasts but nobody has got back to me with how it works

i did find this list which i believe is for b/w

#1 Developer (double tank). This is the tank/s which has the probe and/or thermo. -After the feed down unit.
    #2Water
    #3 Water
    #4 Bleach
    #5 Water
    #6 Water
    #7 Clearing Agent (double tank) or, 2 single tanks
    #8 Water
    #9 Toner
    #10 Water
    #11 Water
    #12 Water (under the feed down -- where the paper comes out of the camera)

anybody know what this process might be

my interest in this is to be able to do in camera 10x8 colour positives on the street
    any ideas on this or another process other than polaroid or cibachrome now that these are no longer made

thanks

robin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This could be an ordinary B&W reversal process list.

1st developer, wash with water to stop the developing action, then a bleach like potassium dichromate & sulfuric acid to remove the developed silver (the negative image), a water rinse, clearing agent as in a sodium bisulfite clearing step to clear the dichromate stain, water wash, toner which could be another way of denoting a sodium sulfide solution which will fog & develop the remaining silver-halide in one take (producing a kind of sepia positive), and finally a couple more water washes for good measure. The result - a positive straight out of the camera.

I strongly suspect that's what this list is.

I too am very interested in photo booths, and have tried myself to email some folks and to get in touch with people, but to absolutely no avail. Is there some kind of secret society for photo booth technicians who have all taken a vow of secrecy or something?!?

Can't help you with color, other than to say that it is possible to cross-process RA-4 paper. Photo Engineer has posted some stuff in the past.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by holmburgers; 02-15-2012 at 03:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added additional links

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi Holmburgers

thanks for your reply

there dose seem to be a bit of a secret society
    if I did not know better I would say that colour photo booths never existed

regards

robin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin