Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,010   Online: 677

Thread: Rubylith

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images

Rubylith

Where can I look to get rubylith or other suitable masking materials for use when doing Pt/Pd prints?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Where can I look to get rubylith or other suitable masking materials for use when doing Pt/Pd prints?
    Any graphic design house should have it. I got mine at e bay for a ridiculous price, the guy had finished his job and did not needed it any more, you might try there too.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just bought some at a medium sized artist's supply store in Cleveland, OH. Try calling some near you in St. Louis.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Diane,

It's getting harder to find in stores where I live. I just bought a large roll of the stuff to line the windows of my camper to turn it into a wetplate darkroom. Got it from these guys:

http://www.misterart.com

Just type Rubylith in the search box.

Best,
    Kerik
    www.kerik.com

Images
    Good Afternoon, Diane,

Have you tried Dick Blick in Fairview Heights?

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Diane,

It's getting harder to find in stores where I live. I just bought a large roll of the stuff to line the windows of my camper to turn it into a wetplate darkroom. Got it from these guys:

http://www.misterart.com

Just type Rubylith in the search box.

Best,
    Kerik
    www.kerik.com
    It is also getting harder and harder to buy Rubylith on line. Several places I purchased from a year or two ago no longer carry Rubylith, and others that carry it have reduced the the number of sizes.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    It is also getting harder and harder to buy Rubylith on line. Several places I purchased from a year or two ago no longer carry Rubylith, and others that carry it have reduced the the number of sizes.

Sandy
    I just purchased today a roll of Ulano 40x150 inch on ebay for 1/3 less than you can find at :
    http://www.misterart.com/store/view/...king-Films.htm

Perhaps I was lucky. And thanks to Jorge for mentioning ebay.

Don Bryant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin