Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,514   Online: 937

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Spotting multiple process prints

I have a palladium print that has a small area that needs to be spotted. I plan on printing over the palladium with cyanotype. I figure to keep the tones the same I need to spot it BEFORE printing the cyanotype, but will the spot pigment run when I process the cyanotype?

Is it better to wait and try after printing the cyanotype or to just start over and do a better job of keeping the dust out next time?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Is it better to wait and try after printing the cyanotype or to just start over and do a better job of keeping the dust out next time?[/QUOTE]

Best to spot last in my experience. The watercolors used to do spotting can run when you apply the next coat. I'd go ahead and do the rest of the print. At the very least it is good practice in the craft of spotting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Is it better to wait and try after printing the cyanotype or to just start over and do a better job of keeping the dust out next time?
    You can do it successfully either way. For gumover platinum, I usually spot my platinum print, then apply the gelatin sizing prior to gumming. This works very well.

Kerik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin