Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,367   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven L View Post
    One paper inside the camera.
    A couple of years exposure should do the trick.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wonder if you used Gasoline instead of alcohol or distilled water for the anthotype process...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    The first try I used tap water. The liquid turned bad in a day, so I could only do one coat on the paper. Second try (this one) is made with alcohol. It doesn't turn bad and it paints better. It also doesn't make the paper wrinkle.
    I took a peek at the contact printed paper and it made quite a good print. I'm going to give it one more day, tonight I'm going to unveil contact and camera sheets.
    @Cliveh: the camera has a 80mm diameter lens without aperture. I focussed it on a big dark tree with a light background, facing the sun for as much contrast as possible. I don't expect much from it, but that's what the experiment is for. Also, I can't see if it works, without taking the paper out of the camera. When I take it out, I can't replace it on the exact location. So taking it out means end of exposure. I expect to see some light streaks from the sun passing by. We'll see tonight.

#edited# Using gasoline for an experiment? Just for fun? Do you know gasoline costs €1,83 a liter over here?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Contact print worked. With a darker paper to start with and a bit more patience, it could have been a nice print.
    Cliveh, you where right. The experiment with the paper in camera didn't work. Nothing happend. Not even streaks of the sun passing by.
    I'm definetly going to do some more anthotype contact prints this summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin