Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,808   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Medium Format

Re-using tannic acid

I'm looking into trying tannic acid to tone some cyanotypes. It's going to be fairly expensive to do based on the prices on a well known auction site as i'll only be doing a few prints at a time. Does anyone know if it's possible to store the solution and use again after a few weeks?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Julie, I have reused tannic acid solution (for 3-5 times), within a time frame of 20-30 days, with no adverse effects.

Can't speak for more... Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Loris.

P.S. You MAY find cheap tannic acid from winemakers - if you happen to have one near you...
    Last edited by Loris Medici; 03-04-2012 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added P.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Loris. I'll look at winemakers and see if I can find it at a better price.

Shooter
    Holga
    Try looking at tannic acid on the Bostick and Sullivan website. I hear it works well and it's not too expensive. Also, try tea!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin