Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,275   Online: 1092

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    Just a question, do you need to trim the sides so it will fit in a 4x5 holder?? I can't get it to fit my 4x5 holder, I already sacrificed a few sheets and it looks like it is a bit wide.
    Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but I just opened a box of 4x5 I've had for over a year. The paper is too narrow to fit in my 4x5 film holders. Compared to 4x5 film it's about 3/32nds too small. The box of 5x7 I have fits my 5x7 holders just fine. Anyone else have this issue? I guess I'll see if Adorama will take it back (even thought the order was 15 months ago). If they won't does anyone have any ideas on how to use it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Stick thin pieces of double-sided tape in the 4x5 holder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Stick thin pieces of double-sided tape in the 4x5 holder.
    Thanks, that's a good idea. Certainly easier than the return hassle.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One batch cut too small, another batch cut too large. Does not sound good to me.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I've been using Harman DPP for over a year, in both 4x5 and 8x10 sizes, and haven't seen this problem. However, early on in their US distribution they were selling 4x5 that was exactly the print size, not the sheet film size, necessitating it to be cut down to fit into sheet film holders. I wonder if this pack was the sheet film size that had then been mistakenly cut down a second time, making it too small.

It's a great product, however, and I would not hesitate to keep using it.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Harman Express site indicates that Direct Positive Paper item #1171158 is nominally 10.2cm X 12.7cm (4" X 5" Imperial) but actually measures 9.96cm X 12.5cm. This is the size that goes into standard 4x5 film holders. There used to be (still is?) a genuine 4"x5" DP paper that is a paper size, not a film size, and needs trimming to go into a film holder.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin