Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,029   Online: 1274

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Fabriano Uno for gumover

Clay suggested Fabriano extra white with an oxalic acid swim for doing gum over platinum. Well I've got a whole bunch of Uno and just gave some a warm bath and now I'm wondering if it'll be similar enough to work or will tommorow be an exercise in frustration. Anybody used this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Clay suggested Fabriano extra white with an oxalic acid swim for doing gum over platinum. Well I've got a whole bunch of Uno and just gave some a warm bath and now I'm wondering if it'll be similar enough to work or will tommorow be an exercise in frustration. Anybody used this?
    Mateo,

If you did an oxalic acid bath, it will work. Uno is not as good a paper for the pt/pd part of the print, but once you've layed a few layers of gum on top, it will be difficult to distinguish from a print on the Extra White. Uno was my smoother surface paper of choice for gumovers until it was replaced with the much better EW. I would not recommend it for a naked pt/pd print, though.

Kerik

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Kerik,

now I can have fun without worrying if I'm wasting my time with that paper. And yes, I did give it a 1% Oxalic acid bath.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin