Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,869   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Searching for Ammonium Dichromate

Hey,

After a long time I am getting back into Gum Printing but this also means my stock of ammonium dichromate is getting smaller. I want to replenish my stock but I'm searching for a place that actually sells it. I'm living in Belgium and it seems that getting Ammonium Dichromate is more difficult to get than an illegal weapon here. Anybody an idea on a source in Belgium or in the EU zone (that ships abroad)? Pharmacists are a no go here and lab suppliers only supply to companies here in Belgium.

Thanx in advance
    Filip (Ghent)
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope you find a dealer, I use Postassium Dichromate and are very satisfied with it.
    Visit my gumprint: http://www.alternativephotography.co...ing_sarup.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tell me, here in the US there's a movement to allow everybody to conceal and carry firearms but making a photograph is being criminalized...and they want us to vote for the morons who are spawning this lunacy..EC

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know if you can get it from the Netherlands: http://www.labstuff.nl/ or http://www.hekserij.nl/index.htm

I just took the links from an older thread that I remembered, so I have no experience with them.

People doing pyrotechnics use the ammonium dichromate, as far as I know it, so if you can find someone doing fireworks...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unfortunately labstuff seems to be a dead site, there has been a notice on that site for months now that they don't take any new orders because they are too busy. And the other one doesn't carry Ammonium Dichromate. Concerning people who do pyrotechnics, I don't know any. As for now I have found a company in the Netherlands who should deliver to private persons and to Belgium but their shippingfees are quite high but I took the gamble to order 500gr. Still out however for a more domestic source.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I don't know if you can get it from the Netherlands: http://www.labstuff.nl/ or http://www.hekserij.nl/index.htm

I just took the links from an older thread that I remembered, so I have no experience with them.

People doing pyrotechnics use the ammonium dichromate, as far as I know it, so if you can find someone doing fireworks...
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, sorry about that! I didn't see the notice. But good that you found one source for the time being. Unless you do huge murals, I guess 500 gr will get you a good bit of printing done.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey
    the easiest source for Potassium dichromate in belgium is "permadocument " it is located in Bx and is sending by post
    succes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMOR View Post
    hey
    the easiest source for Potassium dichromate in belgium is "permadocument " it is located in Bx and is sending by post
    succes

Yeah, I know Permadocument but they are pretty pricy, if I order 500gr. it's more expensive than ordering it from the Netherlands, go figure. Also I ordered my first batch from them and I was horrified by the packaging of the Ammonium Dichromate, it was just packed in a thin plastic freezer bag. It's still a dangerous chemical and should be treated like that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dichromates should not be shipped in ziploc or similar packaging, nor should it be sent in the normal post - Many chemicals (both wet and dry) are illegal to ship that way. Consider reporting the company to the relevant authorities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Won't comment about the deal / shipment (don't approve it), BUT, Roger is a good guy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin