Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,583   Online: 1197

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

uk sources - platinum papers

Hello,

Am planning on dipping my toes into pt/pd printing and wondered about paper supplies in the UK.

I can find Arches Platine at Silverprint, but does anybody know if Revere Platinum is available in the UK? Any other paper suggestions that are available in the UK also welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not in the UK, but Fabriano Artistico is a good paper. It does require a bath in Oxalic Acid, and some find the treatment leaves a gritty feel to the paper though I have not found that to be true.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Handy to know, as I use Fabriano Artistico when printing my polymer photogravures Any tips / recipes for the bath?

Anybody else have other papers available in the uk?
    Last edited by coigach; 06-18-2012 at 10:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would think Bergger COT320 is available in the UK - worst case scenario you can order it from B&H if you can stomach the shipping costs. Which may still be less than the VAT.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Hello,

Am planning on dipping my toes into pt/pd printing and wondered about paper supplies in the UK.

I can find Arches Platine at Silverprint, but does anybody know if Revere Platinum is available in the UK? Any other paper suggestions that are available in the UK also welcome.
    The only way at present to purchase Revere is to source it from the U.S. I bought one of the first batches from B&S and was not impressed with it, however there are others that have had success. If you have trouble with your Arches Platine from Silverprint, try some Cot 320, it’s essentially Platine with a light gelatine layer.
    Last edited by Davec101; 06-19-2012 at 02:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Platinum Printing Editions http://www.dceditions.com
    The Art of Platinum Printing Blog http://artofplatinum.wordpress.com/
    Alternative Photographic Processes blog http://altphotoblog.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for replies, very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Handy to know, as I use Fabriano Artistico when printing my polymer photogravures Any tips / recipes for the bath?

Anybody else have other papers available in the uk?
    Nothing to precise...I just add 2-3 heaping teaspoon full of oxalic acid in 1L of warm/hot water and soak 1 sheet at a time, until the bubbles stop forming then drain and allow to dry. Works for me but please test before using. COT would be an excellent choice is source easy and cost is good.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe this company has paper available in the UK. I ordered it here in the US. The mill is in France.
    http://www.ruscombepaper.com/content...on_Talbot.html
    Also some 19th century papers like those sold at Wookey Hole may work well. Paper is the big problem in Pt/Pd printing these days.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin