Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,482   Online: 1237

Thread: Liquid emulsion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Liquid emulsion

I have never used this product but my success at some lith prints has piqued my curiosity......has anyone had success lith printing with liquid emulsion?/
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey ronlamarsh,

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but if you want high contrast... seems like this would open the door to almost any simple photosensitive liquid... For example silkscreen stencil emulsion... hmm maybe you should try your hand at serigraphy...

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Newer tried it, but I have thought of trying it.
    I have bleached and toned it in theo with success. As Bill writes, I think it should work.
    Let us know how it goes.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Stine - my girlfriend - has tried and tried - it doesn't work with lith!!

at least the FOMa emulsion we use. Suspecting a chemical present in the emulsion that makes the process go way too fast...

however - in the book Silver Gelatine - there's an example of lith made as a lith re-development image...

(You make your image the "normal" way - then bleach away the whole think and redevelop it in lith... that way the end result can't be darker than the original...

we havn't tried it on other brands, so maybe...?

EDIT: Stine has, however had exceptional results in using Lith developer in combination with a normal soft developer for two bath developing. Amazing how many tones one can get this way! (But that's not lith printing - "just" good darkroom work...,-))
    Last edited by gandolfi; 06-20-2012 at 04:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add info

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin