Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,766   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sandy mentions the commercial units available on the used market...

A friend of mine just posted one to eBay in the LF cameras section. He has two Nuarc units, and decided to sell one of them. I can vouch for the unit, and the seller.

It's in Lancaster, PA and is the type of thing that should probably be picked up, but if you are anywhere near Lancaster, it may be worth consideration.

The one thing that commercial units have over the home made units is the ability to do dodging and burning a bit more easily.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mutmansky
    Sandy mentions the commercial units available on the used market...

A friend of mine just posted one to eBay in the LF cameras section. He has two Nuarc units, and decided to sell one of them. I can vouch for the unit, and the seller.

It's in Lancaster, PA and is the type of thing that should probably be picked up, but if you are anywhere near Lancaster, it may be worth consideration.

The one thing that commercial units have over the home made units is the ability to do dodging and burning a bit more easily.

---Michael

Michael, after thinking a lot about all the options I decided to check the internet and found that there actually was one unit. I got exited and today I noticed another one which must be your friend's.
    Anyway, even though I exceed what I wanted to spend at $695, in the end and the long run, I believe I have made a good investment.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Olivet
    Michael, after thinking a lot about all the options I decided to check the internet and found that there actually was one unit. I got exited and today I noticed another one which must be your friend's.
    Anyway, even though I exceed what I wanted to spend at $695, in the end and the long run, I believe I have made a good investment.

Thanks.
    YOu got the better one, the one you got is a 26-1Ks as opposed to the 26-1K Michael's friend is selling. The one you bought is the latest model. You are going to love the gizmo.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jorge,

The KS unit is definately newer, and there is some speculation that it may be faster, but I don't think that has been verified by anyone.

In my book, newer is better, because it should mean that it will last longer before it goes kaput.

That said, the older unit my friend has will probably only go for $350 or so, which makes is a good bargain for an exposure unit.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mutmansky
    Jorge,

The KS unit is definately newer, and there is some speculation that it may be faster, but I don't think that has been verified by anyone.

In my book, newer is better, because it should mean that it will last longer before it goes kaput.

That said, the older unit my friend has will probably only go for $350 or so, which makes is a good bargain for an exposure unit.

---Michael
    OTOH Michael, these machines are very simple and easy to repair. I got mine for $200 because the guy said the vacuum did not work. All I did was change some hoses and it was good as new.

I think Arentz started the rumor that the Ks could be faster, but like you I do not know anybody who has one to verify.

Who really cares? in the end both the new and old model are great and certainly far better than having to deal with easels etc.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jorge,

I've got you beat. I got an Amerigraph unit for $82 because the seller said it didn't work. It works fine, as long as you have the glass in the head properly! (There is a safety interlock to keep it from operating without the safety glass; all I had to do was slide the glass all the way in under the safety switch).

I now have three exposure units; a home built fluorescent unit, an Amerigraph just like a 26-1K and a BIG Nuarc 40-1K unit. I think I need to get rid of at least one of them, as I'm starting to lose the ability to park in the garage...

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    You got the better one, the one you got is a 26-1Ks as opposed to the 26-1K Michael's friend is selling. The one you bought is the latest model. You are going to love the gizmo.
    Now Jorge, How can you know what I have bought? I am puzzled.

Anyway it didn't come cheap, but did not want to risk waiting for a cheaper one. Waiting when you want to print if quite painful.

I don't know how to use this machine. Is there a manual I can get of is it pretty much self explanatory?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Now Jorge, How can you know what I have bought? I am puzzled.

Anyway it didn't come cheap, but did not want to risk waiting for a cheaper one. Waiting when you want to print if quite painful.

I don't know how to use this machine. Is there a manual I can get of is it pretty much self explanatory?
    I saw the auction....do you think you are the only who checks e bay for these units?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    I'm so jealous Diane...

Congratulations, can't wait to see some of the work you produce with the new light box..will be interested to hear what your exposure times are with it.
    I can't wait to give it a try, but Christmas has to come first.

It will be good to do some printing after spending all day next to a window at work with no sun coming in.
    Diane

Halak 41

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking for UV exposure units, I came across a website of a company that manufactures exposure units for screen printing. These are banks of 4 or 6 fluorescent tubes with timer built in and are offered for very reasonable prices.
    I was wandering if anyone have tried any of these. The look pretty decent but wonder if the amount of tubes as well as the separation in between the tubes, and the distance to the glass would make it suitable for alt procesess.
    The website is at: http://westcoastgraphicsllc.com/index.htm
    They look nice but I suspect won't be able, given their size to really deliver that powerfull/uniform a light.. What's nice about those, however, are the coverage size.. For smaller negative formats like 5x7" what about using a laboratory UV transilluminator? These tend to be very very well made/designed and provide uniform high power UV.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin