Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,445   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not contact the vendor and ask for the Safety Data Sheet (as it's known on this side of the pond.) They ought to be able to tell you what's in it.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Sun Art paper from a different source and the package says 6+. I think that's got a lot more to do with the ability to follow instructions than with safety. I totally agree with bdial that as long as he doesn't eat it and washes his hands after handling a wet print (if he does that), that it should be fine. I have a two year old and I wouldn't even think of doing this with him because his attention span is no where near long enough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 6+ marking is probably more of a legality than a practicality. In Europe, many children's toys are marked "not for children under 36 months". Not because they are not suitable but because the manufacturers/distributors would have to pay for extra testing (choking hazard, etc.) which they don't have to do for 36+ months.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This little guy has a remarkably long attention span so there would be no problem there. This would all be done under my supervision of course. But I would still be concerned he might end up with some residue on his hands that doesn't easily wash off or whatever. Perhaps I will contact Silverprint. I'll try Freestyle too (thanks, John).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just looked on Freestyle's site at their Sun Paper and they indicate:

"Conforms to ASTM D4236 regulation stating that this product can be used safely as an "art material" or "craft material" for use by children and is Non-Toxic"

Interesting. I'll still call them for some more info though.

Images
    3 is pretty young. but if he places the stuff on the paper and you do the processing and he watches he will have fun. Give him some gloves to wear and he will feel very important. He is 3 so his attention may not stick to the subject.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    If it's rebranded Sunprint then I wouldn't worry about it. This is the same stuff that science museums sell in their gift shops to kids. I remember clearly seeing it in the Museum Of Science in Boston when I was a kid, many, many moons ago. As long as he doesn't eat it, he should be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin