Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,779   Online: 1254

Images

Humidity question

Well it seems there is one more thing getting in the way of my dip into palladium. HUmidity

I live in Northern AZ where the relative humidity is damn near non existent. WHat are some ways I can raise the humidity in order to best insure success in this area? Would running the shower (I'll coat in the bathroom if necessary) for a few minutes with the paper in the same room, be too much?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For summer try an old swamp cooler, that'll raise the humidity a lot! Winter boil water, maybe try a steam type humidifier.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mark,
    I use a Sunbeam cool mist humidifier to help raise the moisture in the darkroom along with running hot water in sink. Sometimes I pass the uncoated paper thru the mist from the humidifier before coating. Today I raised the level from 45% to about 60% in an hour before coating paper. Got nice deep blacks and smooth tones.
    Wm Blunt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin