Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 845

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Art Nouveau for Masses

I am thinking to drop some amount of photopolymer in some liquid and swirl it. When the photopolymer gets a interesting shape , I would shot a intense uv burst and set the photopolymer in to hard mass.

Or reverse is possible , droping some liquid in to photopolymer and set the polymer with intense uv when the shapes were interesting ,

I am inspired with fluid flow simulations and Art Nouveau Streamlines and this is the most basic idea for hardest to imagine and most difficult to produce art form.

Is there any photopolymer for that extreme fast setting PE ?

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Its all about natural form generation of nature and fluid mechanicss close resemblance. I first wanted to create turbulence in the fluid and hologram it but after 3 months of dense investigation , I found turbulence is ugly and not worth to headache.

First and second idea have immense importance for sculpturers and art nouveau artists. I found slow speed fluid flow colored was creating extreme beauty. I am using this.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-24-2012 at 02:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

FREEFORM FOR MASSES , GREAT IDEA !

This idea continiues to inspires me. If we build that in big tank , We can create Art Nouveau interior and exterior from photopolymers. There is no limit , out of boundaries of todays technology.

You can create a car outer layer with subjecting race car plastic body dipped in a pool with forcing high speed to liquid photopolymer, which is there inside of main liquid and than start form finding on the car outer layer and than beam high powered uv and release the car from the tank , all body created and shaped by nature.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-24-2012 at 03:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds very interesting. Waiting to see what you obtain.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Bruce , I am waiting some insight. I could not sleep all night after this invention , night passed by , its 4 PM and I am still awake.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Some can do this process in a small cup. One fills the cup with photopolymer , drop some polymer on it , these drops flowed and expanded in the cup and uv beam shot. You have a hard mold and soft core , remove the unset polymer from the set photopolymer and fill the gap with low temperature melt high percentage tin , low perc. copper and when the metal set , put everything in to acid bath , photopolymer melt and your fluid free form part remains.

All opposite could be done also.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A very interesting idea, to say the least.

I'd like to freeze a giant wave. Imagine putting liquid photopolymer in a tray and giving it one, big, powerful slosh. Right at the crest of the wave we zap it with 1,000,000 mJ/cm³ of UV light and boom; it freezes in place.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I registered to photopolymer forum to ask the availability of instantly curing polymer , I read uv level is not so important.

Later I learned that uv photopolymers instantly hardens with uv led less than 1 second. This makes possible to play with slow moving fluid mixes. This makes happen to create new art pieces , new forms , scientific displays to furniture to art nouveau lamps to human figurines to trees or foliage.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-24-2012 at 01:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin