Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,347   Online: 984

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George, you can't have my knees... I'm sorry.

I imagine that getting a usable image out of 100 year old plates would be tough, but it'd be worth a shot. Maybe as a negative?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's okay, I'll get new knees someday. New and improved ones I hope.

As to 100 year old plates - I did get usable prints from 80 year old AGFA/ANSCO post card paper. (See my images) I do have the instructions and formula for development and reversal of the AGFA plates so you never know.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Agfa plates are based on the Autochrome process but are in fact different they used fine drop of paint instead of starch and don't have a carbon layer. They also have slightly different look.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dominik, thanks for the info. I knew they were different but not how. Patents and trade secrets are nothing new!

I just came across these plates in some "free darkroom stuff" a couple years back and have always wanted to try them out. I did a little research back then, but lacking a holder and a working 4x5 camera they have just gathered dust.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    George ,

I dont think and I did not see in years that anyone published a better close up than your images. Yes , extremelly random like an highly disturbed water flow or the pictures of deep galaxies. Wow , matchless and so beatiful. I worked at PrePress and Newspaper Web Ofset business and I was able to register 2 square meters film to another with 1/100 milimeter precision less than 5 seconds. I cant see any problem to register bw film to agfa plate with registers.
    I am still wanting that plate and I will use it as it deserves and put many examples to the gallery.
    Please take serious my request and think about it. If plate reaches you from Germany after 70 years and if it is still in one piece , you can send it back to Europe back in one piece. I will pay all your losses. Pack it like you are sending a baby and it will be good.

Thank you very much ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin