Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,487   Online: 838

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick Arentz

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I received e mail from Dick Arentz this week---the book is published and he will deliver signed copies in about 2 weeks...check his web site listed in this thread. His workshops are excellent-his prints are stunning, inspirational and humbling. I have his first edition and am getting the 2nd. Anyone interested in platinum should take one of his workshops in Flagstaff Az. During the workshop his prints available to you for viewing----

Merry Christmas to all and Dick good luck with the book.
    Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    My understanding is that this edition will have some chapters written by guest experts in addition to Dick’s wonderful knowledge. An example will be a chapter on digitally enlarging negatives for contact printing written by Bob Herbst. www.bobherbst.com
    According to Dick's website the following contributors wrote special sections:

Pyro and Platinum Printing by Bob Herbst
    Crafting Digital Negatives by Mark Nelson
    Ultraviolet Light Sources by Sandy King
    Custom Platinum Printing by Stan Klimek

Don Bryant

Has anyone recieved the book yet? I'm sending my order in today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm interested in hearing what folks think also. Especially if there's enough new stuff from since the 1st ed. to justify having both.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was with Bob Herbst yesterday (Jan. 16) at a Friends of Photography meeting. He had just received his copy. One would guess that the chapter authors would receive first.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm waiting for mine, it was on my Christmas list.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hey everyone, I have the book and it is great. I've read about half so far and it's well laid out and has excellent examples. It makes me want to start palladium printing NOW! If only it were that easy. Unfortunatly I didn't see Michaels suggestion until today. I would have loved a signed copy and to see Dick Arentz get his fair share. Speaking of Michael M. I'm glad to see he has a cameo in the book. Anyway any questions feel free to ask. This book is worth every penny.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    So they decided to include that tidbit on how to clear black spots? It's a doozie because it results in the production of chlorene gas, so you have to be very careful with the mixtures, but it works wonderfully to eliminate a black fleck or two from a print.

I don't know how many prints I could have saved if I had figured out that procedure earlier.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mutmansky
    I don't know how many prints I could have saved if I had figured out that procedure earlier.

---Michael
    Well you will save a lot of prints for all of the newcomers and probably some old timers too.

Anyone who is thinking about getting the book but just isn't sure. I recommend it. It's an excellent reference.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley
    Well you will save a lot of prints for all of the newcomers and probably some old timers too.

Anyone who is thinking about getting the book but just isn't sure. I recommend it. It's an excellent reference.
    Got my copy from Dick yesterday. The first chapter I read was Stan Klimek's chapter in the Appendix.

Michael's discovery was announced by Dana Sullivan on the Bostick & Sullivan Web Board last year, I'm glad he got due credit in Dick's book.

Being able to look at fine palladium prints at APIS ('01 and '03) was a real treat. Getting to look at Michael's work (as well as many others) was a lot of fun. I'll probably miss this year's APIS (sob) but I would reccomend to anyone that is interested in ALT printing to try and attend. You won't be disappointed.

Don Bryant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin