Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,209   Online: 1051

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dick Arentz

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Don,

Let me say to be complete on the information that I initally got the idea to try the approach from a somewhat oblique statement in Dick Sullivan's pt/pd book about bleach and HCl. He mentions lightening prints that have been overexposed.

I called B+S and asked if anyone had really tried this approach, and they told me that it hadn't really been done to their knowledge, so I worked up a basic procedure for it using two bottles of solutions.

So I can't claim credit for the origin of the idea, but I did put a few things together to come up with a good technique to eliminate the pesky pt/pd spots that sometimes occur.

As for APIS, I also recommend that anyone interested try to go. Where else can you meet some of the best alternative printers in the world? There's so much to learn from a group like that, regardless of your skill level. It is an inspiring collection of people and prints, to be sure.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Images
    What is APIS?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Mark,

Alternative Photography International Symposium

It will be held July 7-9 in Santa Fe, NM. Bostick and Sullivan is the contact point for information, but they currently dont have information on their website.

It has recently been held in England and the US every other year. This year, it's the US's turn.

It is also at the same time as the Photo Arts Santa Fe, so there are all kinds of gallery shows, and other events going on, including a trade show, and many special happenings.

I'm going to try to be there this year if I can swing the schedule.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin